This article needs additional citations for verification. (December 2013)
|See also:||List of years in India|
Timeline of Indian history
Events in the year 1941 in India.
- Emperor of India – George VI
- Viceroy of India – Victor Hope, 2nd Marquess of Linlithgow
- President of the Indian National Congress - Abul Kalam Azad
- National income - ₹44,085 million
- June 21 - Rajendra Prasad lays the foundation stone of Scindia Shipyard at Visakhapatnam.
- The Delhi Restriction of Uses of Land Act, 1941
- The Berar Laws Act, 1941
- 6 January – Serajul Alam Khan, Bangladeshi politician and philosopher (died 2023)
- 17 January – Bindu, actress.
- 25 March – Udyavara Madhava Acharya, writer, poet and actor (died 2020)
- 10 April – Mani Shankar Aiyar, politician and Minister.
- 2 July – Ashalata Wabgaonkar, actress (died 2020).
- 5 July – Nitin Desai, Under Secretary General, United Nations, 1993–2003
- 15 July – Nikhil Kumar, politician.
- 17 July – Bharathiraja, filmmaker.
- 31 July – Amarsinh Chaudhary, politician and Chief Minister of Gujarat (died 2004).
- 4 September – Sushilkumar Shinde, politician and Minister, former Chief Minister of Maharashtra.
Full date unknown
- Nirmal Kumar Ganguly, medical scientist.
- T S Krishnamurthy, civil servant, Chief Election Commissioner.
- Yasmeen Lari, Architect
- 28 March – Kavasji Jamshedji Petigara, first Indian to become the Deputy Commissioner of Police of the Mumbai Police (born 1877).
- 18 June - Ayyankali, social reformer from Kerala famous for Villu vandi Samaram of 1893 (born 1863).
- 7 August – Rabindranath Tagore, poet, artist, playwright, novelist and composer (born 1861).
- 9 November – Ganganath Jha, scholar of Sanskrit, Indian philosophy and Buddhist philosophy (born 1872).
Full date unknown
- "Indian National Congress: From 1885 till 2017, a brief history of past presidents". The Indian Express. 2021-10-28. Retrieved 2022-04-14.
- "Hindustan Shipyard Limited - Saga by jonnala nagireddy - Issuu". issuu.com. Retrieved 2022-04-14.